SECURITY SCREENING / BAG POLICY
An NBA mandated security screening will occur prior to entry into the Moody Center for the safety of all attendees. Magnetometer screening machines will be in use and our standard prohibited item list will be enforced. All bags will be screened by the security staff and are restricted to 12" x 12" x 6" in size to be permitted into the arena. By tendering your ticket and entering the building, you consent to such searches and waive any related claims that you might have against The University of Texas and Moody Center. If you elect not to consent to a search, you will not be allowed into the building.
Suspicious activity, disruptive patrons and guest-related problems should be reported to an usher or police officer immediately. Uncooperative patrons showing disregard for other patrons, the arena or the teams may be ejected from the building. Intoxicated fans will not be allowed into the building. An ejected patron will not be allowed to return for the remainder of the game. Re-entry by an ejected patron is grounds for arrest.
To report an incident in your seating area, notify the nearest usher or security guard. After the event, please email email@example.com with all event day-related questions or concerns.
Moody Center has a “no re-entry” policy during all events at Moody Center. Guests who exit the building during an event will not be admitted back into the event.
The Moody Center prohibits any person from using, possession, carrying, displaying, or distributing any of the following items on, at, or within the Moody Center, except as otherwise stated within this policy:
- Alcohol, cigarettes, tobacco products, vaporizers, and drugs (including but not limited to marijuana and products containing THC)
- Animals (unless a service animal as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act – ADA – and in accordance with Service Animal Policy)
- Artificial noisemaking devices of any kind including but not limited to whistles, air horns, or plastic horns such as vuvuzelas
- Bags, packs, and luggage that are not in compliance with the Bag Policy
- Banners, flags, flag poles, signs, or similar items
- Bottles or cans of any kind, shape, or size, regardless of material and regardless of empty or full
- Cameras (see Recording Equipment below)
- Distracting and dangerous items such as frisbees, balloons, beach balls, inflatables, laser pointers, light sticks flashlights, or other projectiles
- Drones (UAS-Unmanned Aircraft Systems) or other model aircraft
- Explosives, including but not limited to explosive materials, fireworks, components, or parts
- Food or beverages of any kind, except for those snacks needed for medical purposes
- Hazardous items including but not limited to fuels, torches, lighter fluid, chemicals, paint thinners, batteries, or aerosols
- Laptops and tablets, along with their accessories and similar devices, are prohibited except by Facility, team, league, or performance personnel with a valid working purpose, or by media and broadcast personnel with appropriate Facility credentials.
- Packages or parcels of any kind, regardless of packaging
- Selfie Sticks or telescopic devices, including but not limited to tripods, bipods, monopods, camera poles, or similar devices
- Sporting equipment including but not limited to basketballs, sticks, bats, or other sports equipment
- Strollers and wagons
- Tobacco and/or smoking products, including cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vaporizers, cigars, lighters, marijuana, smokeless tobacco, and any other product, item, or device related to the consumption of tobacco or THC.
- Tools, razor blades, razor-type blades, box cutters, letter openers, or scissors
Weapons (as defined above and in Weapons Policy – SEC-E-513), including but not limited to actual, toy, or replica:
- Guns, firearms, firearm components/parts, ammunition and/or gun powder
- Knives of any size, brass knuckles, black jacks, or kubatons
- Martial arts weapons, night sticks, nunchucks, billy clubs, bats, stunguns/tasers, self-defense sprays, mace, pepper spray, sticks, or poles
- Replica, toy, or antique representations of any the above items are also prohibited.
Any other items deemed by the NBA, or Moody Center personnel to be inappropriate, dangerous, or challenging to public safety in their league and/or Moody Center’s sole discretion.
For a full list of Moody Center Guidelines to help plan your visit, please click the button below.